Friday 29 November 2013

Questionnaire Responses





The first three questions show me who my target audience will be. 56% of people who answered my questionnaire was male and 44% was female. This tells me that there is almost an even split between the two which means I should make my magazine suitable for all genders. Most of the people I asked fitted in the age range of 15 - 18 and 18 - 20. This doesn't necessarily mean that only people aged 15 - 20 will read my magazine as I did get a lot of younger people to fill in my questionnaire. However I may target my magazine to people who are aged 15 - 25. Most people who answered my questionnaire belonged in group E, a small percentage in group C1 and B. This is because I asked mainly students anyway and if I conducted the questionnaire survey on a larger sample I think the results may have been a bit different.
I have decided from these results that the target audience of my magazine will be both male and female, aged 15 - 18 and will belong to group B, C1 and E.    




Q4 showed me what genre of music most people listen to and most picked Rock, Alternative, Grunge, Indie, Pop and Punk. This tells me that my magazine should feature all these genres of music, mainly Rock and Alternative, as they were the most popular. I originally wanted to feature Rock/Indie/Punk/Alternative/Grunge music so I don't need to change the genres that much.
I had asked what artists would they like to be featured on a music magazine. The most popular responses were Arctic Monkeys, The Specials, The Smiths, Oasis, David Bowie and Led Zeppelin. This tells me that people prefer more popular and legendary artists over small indie artists. This tells me that I should feature bigger and more popular artists from the Rock/Alternative genre.
I gave examples of ID and NME for this question.I used ID for the simple one and NME as the more information. Most people picked simple with a very small percentage picking more information. This means that my magazine front cover is going to be pretty simple as that was what the majority wanted.

This question helped me find out what people's fashion styles are. Mainstream/Fashionable was most popular with Rocker being second. These results along with Q8, which gave me Qualitative results will help me find out what style people are into. For Q8 I got answers like, Miles Kane, Alex Turner, Alexa Chung and David Bowie. This means I will add get the look features in my magazine.

I asked this question to find out which house style I should follow and black came out as top with blue being second. My original idea was to have a black and blue house style anyway so there is no need to change that.

For this question I got more people voting for modern than old. However there isn't that much of a difference between the two results, so I have decided to feature both in my magazine.


Most people are willing to pay between £2.50 and £3.50 so my magazine will be priced at a similar price


Most people wanted to see interviews with artist, fashion/get the look and gossip. My original idea was to do fashion/get the look for my magazine and I wanted my magazine to focus on fashion as well as music and I was quite shocked that it was so popular in the questionnaire. This means I am definitely going to feature the fashion aspect of music in my magazine.  





No comments:

Post a Comment